WIESP 2017 Application is Now CLOSED but please stay tuned for information about WIESP 2018!
The Women in Engineering Summer Program (WIESP), sponsored by Knowles Corporation, is a free, 4-week, non-residential program that offers high school students an unparalleled opportunity to learn more about engineering through hands-on projects and field trips. Participants will also have an opportunity to work with world-renowned professors, meet COE students, make new friends, and earn a stipend upon successful completion of the program!
WIESP 2017 Application
The application for WIESP 2017 will open in January 2017 and we encourage students who have an affinity for math and/or science to apply! You must also satisfy the following requirements:
- 11th or 12th grade by Fall 2017
- Overall grade point average of 3.2 or higher
- Grades of As and Bs in math and science classes
- Program Application: go.uic.edu/wiesp2017
- Once application is submitted, mail official high school transcripts to:
- Teacher Evaluation (Recommendation) Form from a math/science teacher or high school counselor. Form can be found here.
All application materials MUST be submitted by March 24, 2017. After your application is received, you will be contacted to schedule an on-campus interview with our staff. Applicants will then be notified of their admission status in late April 2016.
WIESP 2017 Program Dates & Curriculum
DATES: June 26, 2017 – July 21, 2017, Monday through Friday, 10AM-3PM
Curriculum information coming soon!