The Women in Engineering Summer Program (WIESP), sponsored by Knowles Corporation, is a free, 4-week, non-residential program that offers high school students an unparalleled opportunity to learn more about engineering through hands-on projects and field trips. Participants will also have an opportunity to work with world-renowned professors, meet COE students, make new friends, and earn a stipend upon successful completion of the program! WIESP is the only engineering summer program for high school students in Chicago and the proud recipient of the Motorola Solutions Foundation Innovation Generation Grant 2015.
WIESP 2016 Application
The application for WIESP 2016 is NOW OPEN and we encourage students who have an affinity for math and/or science to apply! You must also satisfy the following requirements:
- 11th or 12th grade by Fall 2016
- Overall grade point average of 3.2 or higher
- Grades of As and Bs in math and science classes
- Program Application: go.uic.edu/WIESP2016
- Once application is submitted, mail official high school transcripts to:
- Teacher Evaluation (Recommendation) Form from a math/science teacher or high school counselor. Form can be found here.
All application materials MUST be submitted by March 30, 2016. After your application is received, you will be contacted to schedule an on-campus interview with our staff. Applicants will then be notified of their admission status in late April 2016.
WIESP 2016 Program Dates & Curriculum
WIESP 2016 is scheduled from June 27, 2016 – July 22, 2016, Monday through Friday, 10am-3pm. Curriculums will be made available to applicants at a later time. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us directly.
Good luck to WIESP 2016 Applicants!!!